Making Classic Chocolate Cake
(KUTV) Chef Nettie Frank joins us in the kitchen this morning, showing us how to make comfort food for this cold weather season with chocolate cake and glazed donuts. She also talks to us about the Home Show at the Mountain America Expo Center in Sandy. The even runs today from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and you can get tickets at the door for $11, or go online to purchase them for $9.
2 Sticks of butter—softened
1 C. Cocoa powder
2 tsp. Vanilla
1C. Evaporated milk
2 lbs. Powdered sugar
1. Combine butter and cocoa powder in a mixer using the paddle attachment
2. Add vanilla
3. Add half of the powdered sugar and half of the evaporated milk
4. Mix for a few minutes before adding the remainder of the sugar and milk
4 oz. Unsweetened chocolate
1 cup Hot water
1 Stick butter
Place these three ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat up until fully combined. Set aside.
2 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
Place into mixing bowl with whisk attachment. Mix on low for 30 seconds.
1 cup Sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
Combine in bowl, mix well, set aside.
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Crack eggs into small bowl and add vanilla extract. Set aside.
1. Pour chocolate mixture into flour mixture. Mix on medium speed for two minutes.
2. Add eggs and vanilla mixture and mix for another two minutes
3. Add sour cream mixture to batter. Mix for 3 minutes.
4. Pour into an 8” lined pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.