These burgers get protein from quinoa and beans without falling short on flavor. In fact, they’ll be your new weeknight staple and perfect for meatless Mondays!
1 can no-salt added cannelloni beans (15.5 oz can)
1 medium avocado, halved and pitted
1 large egg
1 tsp each garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp sriracha or other hot chili sauce
5 whole wheat hamburger buns
2 medium tomatoes sliced
10 lettuce leaves
10 slices red onion
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with vegetable spray.
2) Put the drained beans into a medium bowl and smash using a potato masher. Add 1/2 of the avocado and mash well into the beans.
3) To the beans add the egg, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, and pepper, stir everything together.
4) Dice the other half of the avocado and fold it into the bean mixture along with the cooked quinoa.
5) Using your hands, form 5 patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6) While the burgers are cooking, whisk the mayonnaise and hot chili sauce together.
7) Toast the buns and place the baked patties on the bottom buns. Spread the patties with the mayo mixture and top with tomato slices, lettuce and onions. If you have left over avocado place it on the burgers. Enjoy!