Whether you are trying to get over a cold or just need a delicious dinner, this vegetable chicken soup is perfect for you. The secret is creating the broth from a whole roaster chicken!
1 roaster chicken
2 cups chopped Green Giant Red Potatoes
2 cups baby carrots
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups quartered mushrooms
2 tbsp vegetable stock base
1 tbsp season salt
1) In a large pressure cooker, place the roaster chicken into the bottom of the pot and cover with cold water.
2) Bring to pressure and cook for 45 minutes. Release the pressure as directed by the pressure cooker manufacture.
3) Strain the stock into a large pot from the chicken. Pick the meat from the chicken (this should be easy, whereas the chicken should fall apart).
4) To the chicken stock add the vegetables, vegetable stock base, chicken meat and season salt. Simmer the soup for about 10 minutes to cook the potatoes and carrots.
5) If desired, separately prepare egg noodles according to their package directions and add the prepared noodles to a soup bowl ladling the vegetable chicken soup over the noodles. Serve and enjoy!