From Hawaii with Lovekind of sounds like a great movie title! A taste of Hawaii is the theme for these delicious recipes! Can’t wait for you all to try the coconut syrup.
Coconut Syrup: 1 cup sugar
1 tbsp corn starch
1 cup corn syrup
1 can coconut milk ( 13.5 ounce can )
2 tsp vanilla
Tropical Pancakes: 2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup (milk or coconut milk, pineapple juice, tropical blended juice your choice)
1) To make the coconut syrup: In a heavy stock pot add the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk together to combine the cornstarch with the sugar.
2) Add the corn syrup, coconut milk and vanilla to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
3) Remove from the heat, allow the syrup to cool and serve with my delicious tropical pancakes.
4) To make the tropical pancakes: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. If needed adjust the liquid or flour to create a batter consistency.
5) Heat a griddle of nonstick pan on the stove. Spray the pan with vegetable oil and cook the pancakes. I like to use 1/2 cup batter to make the pancakes all uniform.
6) Cook until bubble appear and break on top of the batter. Turn the pancake and cook the other side until golden brown.