Chef Jonathon LeBlanc, Executive Chef at Stanza Italian Bistro and Wine Bar in Salt Lake City, shares this delicious popcorn ball recipe from his childhood. This recipe uses Steen’s Cane Syrup to make the caramel base for the popcorn balls.
2 Cups Steen’s Cane Syrup
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Quarts Popped Popcorn
2 Cups Roasted Pecan Halves
1) Pre heat oven to 350*
2) Place pecans on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3) Roast in oven 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4) Boil Steen’s syrup and salt over med-low heat stirring constantly.
5) Boil Steen’s syrup and salt over med-low heat stirring constantly.
6) Mix pecans with popcorn. Pour syrup over popcorn and pecans.
7) Wet hands and shape popcorn and pecans into large balls.