Wanna have some fun with your friends? I love making pretzels and creating dipping sauces for them. Mix up a batch of soft pretzels and have some fun with family and friends!
2 cups warm water
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast (I use Saf-Instant Yeast)
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 cups bread flour
Flake Sea Salt or Coarse Sea Salt
3 tbsp baking soda
8 cups water
1) In the bowl of your bread mixer, add the water, yeast and brown sugar. Let the yeast mixture sit for 5 minutes.
2) Add the bread flour and let the machine knead the mass into a soft dough. If needed, add additional flour to form a soft dough. Let the machine knead the dough for 8 minutes.
3) Remove the dough and let it relax for 10 minutes before shaping.
4) Remove the dough and let it relax for 10 minutes before shaping.
5) Preheat your oven to 400 degree’s.
6) When ready to shape, remove a “tennis ball” size of dough and roll it into a large rope approximately 12 inches long.
7) Create a horseshoe shape by bringing the ends of the dough towards you and the cure of the dough away from you.
8) Bring the right side rope over the left rope and twist it twice. Fold the ends over to the cure of the dough pushing lightly on the ends to seal them to the dough. Continue until all pretzels are shaped.
9) Once the water mixture is bowling, drop the shaped pretzels into the water and let them boil until they float to the top. Remove and place on a parchment lined baking sheet your have lightly sprayed with vegetable oil.