Creamy clam chowder with artisan bread is a favorite of mine, however, have you ever tried serving your chowder with cinnamon rolls? However you like to serve your chowder I’m sure it’s delicious!
1 stick butter ( 8 tbsp )
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped potatoes
1 large onions, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup flour
1 gallon milk
4 - 6.5 ounce cans of clams (juice and all)
salt and pepper to taste
1) Add the butter to a large pot and let it slowly melt on medium heat.
2) Add the carrots, celery, potatoes and onion to the pot and sauté until the onion is translucent.
3) Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and mix to combine the flour and butter together.
4) Gradually pour the milk into the mixture while stirring.
5) Add the clams (juice and all) and bring to boil while stirring. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to lightly stir for about 5 minutes.
6) Salt and pepper to taste and serve with your favorite bread and enjoy!