Summertime brunch isn’t complete without these amazing turnovers. You can use the curd for mini tartlets, ice cream topping or even cake toppings. However you choose to use this delicious curd or turnovers enjoy!
5 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup fresh cherries, washed and pitted
2 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter
2 packages puff pastry sheets
1) Preheat oven to 400 degree’s.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3) In a heavy sauce pan, combine the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together.
4) Add the fresh lemon and lime juice along with the prepared cherries.
5) While stirring, heat the mixture on medium-low until it thickens (about 5-8 minutes).
6) Stir in the vanilla and butter. Continue stirring until the butter has melted and is incorporated into the curd. Set aside to cool.
7) To assemble the turnovers, place the puff pastry sheets on your work surface and cut them into fourths.
8) Place about 1-2 tbsp of the curd onto each puff pastry quarter. Fold the corner over the top forming a triangle. Using a fork, seal the edges.
9) Place the formed turnovers onto the parchment lined baking sheet and brush the top with an egg wash ( 1 egg whisk together with 1 tbsp water).
10) Bake the turnovers until they are golden brown (about 20 minutes).
11) Remove from the oven and glaze with a simple powdered sugar glaze if desired. Serve and Enjoy!