The taste of lemon is good in anything, however, my weakness is lemon cake. This is a traditional style pound cake that comes together fast!
1 cup softened butter
2 cups sugar
zest from one lemon
5 large eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
juice from one lemon
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
2) Grease and flour a bundt cake pan and set aside.
3) In the bowl of your mixture, cream the softened butter, sugar and lemon zest together for about 5 minutes. Be sure the butter is light and fluffy.
4) Add the eggs and incorporate them all completely. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
5) Once the eggs are incorporated, add the flour and lemon juice. On low speed, blend until all the flour is incorporated being sure to scrape the bowl as necessary. Turn the machine on medium speed and continue to beat an additional 2 minutes to create a smooth and velvety batter.
6) Transfer the batter to your prepared bundt pan and place it in the oven. Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7) Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool before removing it from the bundt pan. Serve with your favorite topping and enjoy!