Get the kids involved making breakfast and teach them how to eat well. This simple pancake recipe is high in fiber and protein and will send the kids or anyone off to face the day with a smile on their face! Thank you to the American Heart Association for providing this recipe.
2 large eggs
3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp sugar
1 12oz package frozen blueberries
1) Let the kids crack the eggs into a medium size bowl. Add the cottage cheese and milk to the bowl and mix everything together.
2) In separate bowl combine the dry ingredients and using a whisk, whisk everything together.
3) Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix until everything is combined. Don’t worry if there are a few lumps in the batter.
4) Gently fold in the blueberries (juice and all).
5) If needed, spray your pancake skillet so they don’t stick and pour on as many pancakes that fit on your skillet without over crowding. When the pancakes begin to “bubble” flip them over and continue cooking until they are fully cooked.
6) Serve pancakes with your favorite fresh fruit and enjoy!