Here’s some amazing Irish oat cookies for St. Patrick’s day or anytime of the year!
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup craisins
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups flour
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
2) In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment, add the brown sugar, sugar, and butter.
3) Cream everything together for about 5 minutes on medium speed.
4) Add the vanilla, almond extract, baking soda and eggs. Blend everything together until well blended. Scrape the bottom of the bowl if needed to make sure everything is blended.
5) Add the craisins and semi-sweet chocolate chips and blend until incorporated.
6) Add the old fashioned oats and flour, blend together until fully incorporated.
7) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon drop a dozen cookies at a time on the baking sheet and bake for approximately 11 minutes in your preheated oven.
8) When the cookies are golden brown, remove from the oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing.
9) Remove the cookies (repeat baking until all the cookies are baked off) and place on a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool, serve and enjoy!