I think the big difference in a Hawaiian potato salad is all in the person making it. In general, a Hawaiian potato salad doesn’t have eggs, however, this may not always be the case. Regardless, this is a darn good potato salad recipe and I hope you enjoy it!
4-5 medium size russets
2 cups cooked noodles, chopped
2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated onion
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1) Clean the potatoes and peel if necessary. I like leaving the skins on the potato. Julienne cut the potatoes as you would a french fry.
2) Place a large pot of cold water on the stove and place the prepared potatoes in the pot. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes to al dente. They can’t be overcooked otherwise when you fold the mayonnaise mixture into the potatoes it will mash them.
3) Remove from the stove, strain and rinse under cold water to cool them down.
4) Cook the noodles (your choice) according to the package, rinse and cool. Once cooled, chop the noodles into bitesize pieces, I like to use spaghetti noodles.
5) Place the cooked and cooled potatoes and noodles in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
6) Mix together mayonnaise, grated onion, vinegar and parsley. Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the cooked potatoes and noodles.
7) Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill salad overnight. Serve and Enjoy!