You do not need a fancy air fryer to fry up your favorite french fries. Simply use a baking rack fitted into a baking sheet to enable good air circulation around your french fries!
6 assorted potatoes (Sweet Potatoes, Russets, Klondike)
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp Italian blend herbs
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp granulated garlic
1) To prepare the potatoes, square each potato off by cutting all four sides off creating a square.
2) Slice each potato lengthwise (1/4 inch or preferred thickness). After slicing the potatoes, slice each slice into french fry size cuts (julienne cut).
3) Rinse and pat dry the potatoes.
4) Place the prepared potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, garlic and onion salt. Toss to combine the olive oil, salt and potatoes.
5) Place the prepared potatoes on a cooling rack that has been fitted inside a baking sheet. This method makes sure there is good air circulation around the potatoes to air fry them in the oven.
6) Place them in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until they are crispy. Remove from the oven and serve dipping sauce.
7) To make the dipping sauce, in a large bowl add the sour cream, mayonnaise and buttermilk. With a spoon mix everything together.
8) To the sour cream mixture, add the parsley, Italian herbs, black pepper and granulated garlic. Mix everything together with a large spoon, taste and adjust seasoning as needed. If wanted you could add 1/4 cup prepared ketchup to the dipping sauce.
9) Serve the french fries with my delicious potato chip burgers and enjoy!