This bright and cheerful Easter brunch idea is perfect for breakfast in bed or anytime brunch idea. I like the look of sunny-side up eggs but you can prep the eggs anyway you want to.
1 package puff pastry sheets
4 tbsp butter
4 cups assorted chopped vegetables
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded salmon
2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
4 eggs, sunny-side up
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Let the puff pastry sit out and thaw for about 30 minutes.
2) Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
3) Using a round cookie cutter (you determine the size), cut the puff pastry into rounds and place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
4) Bake the puff pastry medallions for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. remove from the oven and set them aside until ready to use.
5) In a large sauté pan, melt the butter and add the assorted chopped vegetables and onion (can use a frozen vegetable medley or your favorite vegetables chopped up). Sauté the vegetables until fragrant.
6) Sprinkle the vegetables with flour and gently mix together so the flour and butter are blended.
7) Add the milk and cheese and while stirring, bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes while gently stirring.
8) Stir in the shredded salmon remove from heat and keep warm until ready to use.
9) Cook the eggs sunny side up (or however you like them).
10) To assemble, place the sunny-side up egg on top of the puff pastry medallion and spoon the prepared sauce over the edge of the prepared puff pastry. Place a sprig of fresh dill on top and enjoy!