Are you looking for the most decadent donut ever? Puff pastry is already delicious but fry it up and your gonna love these cronuts!
1 package puff pastry sheets
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp cream
oil for deep frying
1) Allow the puff pastry to thaw out if frozen.
2) Gently place the puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface.
3) Using a donut cutter, cut out donuts out of the dough using as much dough as possible. Don’t waste the dough, you can deep fry the scraps as well.
4) Heat your deep frying oil up to 375 degree’s and fry the puff pastry donuts until golden brown.
5) Remove the fried Cronuts and place them on a paper towel lined plate. While the Cronuts are cooling, mix the glaze.
6) To mix the glaze, add the powdered sugar, vanilla and cream to a small mixing bowl and mix together. If needed adjust the powdered sugar and or cream to get the constancy you want.
7) Drizzle the glaze over the cronuts, serve and enjoy!