I decided to create a pizza using all the leftovers I had from the Super Bowl. I love repurposing food to create all new meals and this is a great idea to use up some leftovers.
Pizza Dough: 2 cups water
2 tsp yeast
5 cups flour
1 tbsp salt
Toppings: 2 cups prepared chili
1 cup prepared salsa
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2-3 cups shredded mozzarella
2 cups shredded chicken
2 cups kalua pork
1) To make the pizza dough: add all of the dough ingredients into your mixer bowl and mix tougher adjusting water or flour as needed to create a soft dough. Let the machine knead the dough for about 15 minutes.
2) Remove the dough from the mixer and place is an oiled bowl, cover and let double in size.
3) Use the dough as needed.
4) Preheat the oven to 400 degree’s.
5) To make the pizza: once the pizza dough has doubled in size, divide the dough in half and oil a 14-16 inch round pizza tin that has been lightly oiled and spread the dough evenly onto the pizza tin.
6) Using a fork, dock the crust (poke holes in it) and bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the crust is partially cooked.
7) Remove from the oven and top with the chili, prepared salsa, tomato, red onion, shredded mozzarella, shredded chicken and kalua pork.
8) Bake the pre-prepared pizza in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
9) Remove, cut and enjoy!