As a child, I remember when grandma would make a version of this delicious combination of flavors. I use a regular lemon cake mix and a 3 ounce package of lemon jello to create these amazing muffins!
1 box lemon cake mix
1 box lemon jello (3 oz)
2/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 cups powdered sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degree’s.
2) In a large bowl combine the cake mix and lemon jello. Using a whisk, combine the dry ingredients together.
3) Add the eggs, olive oil and water to the dry mix and using a whisk, combine everything until combined.
4) Spray a 12 top muffin tin with vegetable spray and spoon the lemon muffin batter into the muffin tins filling each one about 3/4 of the way full. If needed, spray and prep another muffin tin to finish up the bater.
5) Sprinkle the top of the batter with the coconut and place them in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until baked through and golden. Every oven is different so gauge the cooking time based on your oven.
6) While the lemon muffins are baking, mix the fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar together to form the glaze.
7) Remove the coconut lemon muffins from the oven and allow them to cool.
8) Place a cooling rack inside a baking pan and place the cooled coconut lemon muffins onto the cooling rack. Pour the glaze over the muffins and let the glaze set. Serve and Enjoy!