Refreshing, simple and delicious is the idea behind this recipe. If you’re not a salmon fan, use any type of fish you like.
1 purple cabbage head, shredded
1 bunch green onions, chopped
4-5 stalks celery, chopped
1 bunch cilantro or parsley, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2-3 tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried tarragon
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp black pepper
4 - 8 oz salmon fillets
1) To create the chopped salad, combine the cabbage, green onions, celery, cilantro of parsley, bell pepper, tomatoes and cucumber into a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and olive oil, toss to combine. If desired, sprinkle some the herb mixture in step 2 over the salad, set aside until ready to use.
2) To create the no-salt herb rub, combine the parsley, basil, tarragon, thyme and black pepper in a small bowl and mix together to combine.
3) Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the herb mixture over the salmon and pat to make sure the olive oil and herbs are combined on top of the salmon.
4) Bake or broil the salmon until fully cooked.
5) Serve the salmon with the chopped salad and enjoy!