All of the ingredients for this recipe are pantry staples so you can whip this recipe up at a moments notice!
1 - 16 ounce package whole-grain spaghetti
1 cup frozen, shelled edamame
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, low-sodium
2 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
2 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
1 tsp minced garlic
1 medium avocado, halved, pitted and diced
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 medium English cucumber, diced
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1) Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt. During the last minute of cooking, stir in the edamame. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Transfer the pasta mixture to a colander and run cold water over pasta to stop the cooking process. Let the pasta drain and than transfer to a large serving bowl.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic powder. Whisk in the reserved pasta water until combined.
3) Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir together using tongs.
4) In a small bowl gently combine the avocado, shredded carrots and the cucumber.
5) Sprinkle the pasta with the toasted sesame seeds and spoon the avocado mixture over the top. Serve and enjoy!