How many times have we had unexpected guests popping? Don’t fret, because this recipe can be made quickly to feed and army! The ingredients in this chicken and wild rice soup can be changed to accommodate the ingredients you already have in your pantry.
For the Soup: 2 cups wild rice
8 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
6-8 stalks celery, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of broccoli soup
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
For the Biscuits: 4 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 stick butter melted (8 tbsp)
1 cup milk (more or less)
1) To make the soup: Add everything into a large pot. Cook on medium low for about an hour or until the rice is fully cooked.
2) When finished, ladle into your favorite soup bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions
3) Serve with fresh baking powder biscuits on the side and enjoy.
4) To make the biscuits: Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
5) In a separate bowl add the melted butter, egg and milk. Whisk everything together.
6) Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until combined. Roll the dough out on a flour work surface, cut into squares and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7) Place the biscuits into a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the biscuits are fully cooked through.
8) Remove them from the oven and serve with the chicken and wild rice soup.