This cookie has everything I love in it. Use a prepared caramel or your favorite homemade caramel to create these cookies. Whether you like to dip cookies in your coffee, milk or simply eat them right out of the oven, you’re going to love these cookies!
2 cups butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
3 cups flour
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup prepared caramel sauce
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree’s.
2) Cream the butter and sugar together for 5 minutes.
3) Add eggs one at a time and mix well
4) Add vanilla, almond extract, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, mix well.
5) Add old fashioned rolled oats and mix well.
6) Add the flour and mix until just blended.
7) Add chocolate chips and cherries, mix until everything is incorporate into the cookie dough.
8) Drop about 2 tbsp spoons of cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
9) Using your thumb, make an indentation in the cookie and fill with prepared caramel sauce and a dried cherry.
10) Bake cookies for approximately 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool, serve and enjoy!