Two of my favorite desserts combine to create this amazing swirled cookie! I like to make and freeze these brownie chocolate chip swirl cookies and bring them out and bake as needed.
1 pound butter, room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp vanilla
1 package semi sweet chocolate chips (about 3 cups)
6 cups flour
1 ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 box brownie mix
1) To make the cookies: Cream together butter and sugars for about 3 minutes.
2) Add the eggs one at a time and completely incorporate the egg before adding the next one.
3) Add the salt, baking soda, and vanilla and blend into batter. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate all of the ingredients.
4) Add the flour and blend.
5) Lastly, add the chocolate chips and blend into the dough. Set aside.
6) Follow the package for making the brownies, once the batter is made set aside.
7) Divide the cookie dough in half and on a parchment paper, roll half the dough out into a rectangle on the parchment paper.
8) Spread half of the prepared brownie batter on top of the rolled out cookie dough.
9) Roll the dough up into a large log. Place the rolled up cookie dough into the fridge to firm for 1-2 hours.
10) When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
11) Slice the cookie log into 1/2 inch thick slices and place them on a parchment line baking sheet.
12) Bake them for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
13) Remove from the oven, let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then remove them to a cooling rack. Once cooled, serve and enjoy!