Finger looking good ribs with sweet potatoes and coleslaw is delicious anywhere. The secret to tender ribs is steam. Bake the ribs wrapped in foil first and then mark them on the grill or crisp them up under the broiler if necessary.
For the Ribs: 2 racks baby back pork ribs
1 tbsp roasted garlic and herb blend seasoning
1 tsp season salt
BBQ sauce your choice
For the Sweet Potatoes: 4-6 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
For the Coleslaw: 2 heads of cabbage
1/4 cup vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp hot sauce (to taste)
salt and pepper to taste
1) To make the ribs: sprinkle the rack of ribs with the roasted garlic and herb seasoning blend as well as the season salt. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in a 300 degree oven and let the ribs cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Check the ribs for tenderness and adjust cooking times if needed.
2) When ribs are tender, remove from the oven and foil. Slice into individual ribs and serve with your favorite bbq sauce, mashed sweet potatoes and coleslaw.
3) To make the sweet potatoes: Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and place them in the oven with the ribs. Check them with a fork for tenderness after an hour and remove when fork tender.
4) Carefully unwrap the sweet potatoes and remove the skin for the potatoes. Place the prepared sweet potatoes in a large bowl and mash together. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
5) To make the coleslaw: Thinly slice the cabbage and place it in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the vinegar, olive oil, hot sauce (to taste) and salt and pepper to taste.
6) To assemble the dish, place a portion of mashed sweet potatoes on the center of the plate followed by 3-4 ribs on top of the sweet potatoes. Finish topping the ribs off with coleslaw and enjoy!