By substituting avocado for oil, these muffins are a heart friendly option courtesy of my friends at the American Heart Association.
1 medium avocado, halved, pitted and mashed with a fork
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fat-free milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups self-rising flour
1 tsp ground ginger
pinch of salt
2 cups blueberries
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
2) In a large bowl, smash the avocado and add the sugar. Mix together until fully mixed.
3) Add the milk, eggs and vanilla extract mixing everything together.
4) To the bowl, add the self-rising flour (can use regular flour 2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder), ground ginger, pinch of salt and the blueberries. Fold everything together incorporating the dry ingredients into the wet. Do not over-mix.
5) Line a 12 top muffin tin with cupcake liners and divide the batter between the 12 muffins.
6) Place the muffins in the pre-heated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
7) Remove from the oven, cool and serve with your favorite condiments.