Use your rice cooker to create and cook an entire meal in the time it takes for the rice to cook. Steaming is easy, healthy and delicious and most rice cookers already have a steaming tray that you can use.
2 cups rice
3 1/2 cups water
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups mini carrots
4 - 8 oz salmon fillets
Watermelon Smoothie: 4 - 6 cups watermelon pieces
juice of one lemon
juice of one lime
1 cup ice
1) In your rice cooker add the rice. I like to use Calrose brand, it is a medium grain rice and stickier like a sushi rice.
2) Add the water to the rice cooker and put the steamer basket into the steamer.
3) Add the broccoli florets and mini carrots to the steamer basket along with the salmon fillets. I used my designer marinade for salmon in this recipe.
4) Close the lid and start steaming the rice. When the rice is done, dinner is ready. Serve and Enjoy!
5) To make the watermelon smoothie: Add everything into your blender and blend until everything is blended together. Serve and Enjoy!